WE PROVIDE LEARNING THAT STICKS!
We don’t just want you to pass the PRINCE2® exams, we want to make you a great project manager or project team contributor. That’s why our 5-day PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner course is different.We prepare participants more efficiently with carefully designed pre-course learning
We provide a deeper understanding of the PRINCE2® methodology with our unique interactive learning approach
We go beyond the theory of the PRINCE2® methodology during the course and introduce practical tips to help you become a more effective project manager or project team member.
Who should attend?
PRINCE2® is aimed at Project and Programme Managers, Project Leaders and Project Coordinators. It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the execution, development and delivery of projects, including: Operations Managers, and technical personnel, Project Board members (e.g. Senior Responsible Owners and budget holders making decisions on projects), those in Project Assurance roles (e.g. Business Change Analysts), Project Support (e.g. Project and Programme Office personnel) and operational line managers.
This course is suitable for practising or potential project managers and team members who would like to a solid understanding of the most widely used project management methodology
What are the learning objectives?
- Understand the need for project management and a project management methodology.
- Understand the Principles, Themes and Processes used in PRINCE2®, and how they are integrated.
- Understand how best to intelligently apply PRINCE2® to real projects.
- Prepare for and take the PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner examinations
No prior knowledge or experience of PRINCE2® is required but the course requires pre-course reading/preparation as it is intensive. Pre-course materials will be provided.
PRINCE2® – Why it is the most widely used methodology worldwide.
Benefits of Using PRINCE2®
Structure of PRINCE2®
- The 7 Principles
- The 7 Themes
- The 7 Processes
The purpose of the Foundation part of the qualification is to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the PRINCE2® method to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a project management team working within an environment supporting PRINCE2®. The Foundation qualification is a pre-requisite for the Practitioner qualification.
Through the Foundation part of the course, participants will understand:
- The characteristics and context of a project and the benefits of adopting PRINCE2®
- The purpose of the PRINCE2® roles, management products and themes
- The PRINCE2® principles
- The purpose, objectives and context of the PRINCE2® processes.
The Practitioner workshop part of the course will look at the implications of using PRINCE2® practically on a project and how to apply it to a typical project-based scenario. The workshop will also explore techniques for answering the Practitioner exam style questions and share tips for time management.
Delivered by a fully accredited trainer and industry leading expert with extensive experience of using PRINCE2®, the course uses case studies and unique learning techniques to ensure that theory is embedded and you feel confident in the practical application of PRINCE2® on your projects.
Participants will be provided with the official PRINCE2® manual: ‘Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2®’ prior to the course as well as pre-course material.
Additional work will be required during evenings consisting of consolidation reading, mock examination questions and exercises. This evening work is an integral part of the course and you should expect to spend 2 hours each evening on these activities.
The PRINCE2® Philosophy
• What PRINCE2® is and what it is not
• PRINCE2® links with other project/programme management standards.
• How it enhances the possibilities of Project Success.
The Structure of PRINCE2®
• Relationship between the PRINCE2® Processes, Activities and Themes.
The 7 PRINCE2® Principles
• Continued Business Justification / Focus on Products
• Manage-by-Stages / Manage-by-Exception
• Defined Roles and Responsibilities / Learn from Experience
• Tailor to Suit the Project Environment
The 7 PRINCE2® Processes
• Starting up a Project / Initiating a Project / Directing a Project
• Controlling a Stage / Managing Product Delivery
• Managing a Stage Boundary / Closing a Project